Have you always wanted to make your own Christmas pudding but found that traditional recipes are far too fiddly and take such a long time?
This recipe is perfect if time is an issue for you this Christmas.
It’s so quick and easy, anyone can make it – even if it is a last minute thought!
Total time: 30 mins
140g marmalade fine shred
200g unrefined molasses sugar
4tbsp black treacle
3 egg(s) (free range) beaten
100g butter (unsalted) frozen then grated
100g self-raising wholemeal flour
Why not get the family involved to help?
- Butter and line the base of a 1.5 litre pudding basin, which is suitable to use in a microwave, with greaseproof paper
- In a large bowl, stir the ingredients together, adding them one at a time in the order listed in the ingredients list
- Stir to combine evenly
- Tip this mixture into the prepared pudding basin and cover with a disk of greaseproof paper
- Place the pudding on a plate and microwave on medium for 20-25 minutes until cooked and an inserted skwer comes out clean
- Leave to stand for 5 minutes, then turn out
- Serve with brandy butter, and enjoy!