THE ROCKS have called off their planned friendly against Portsmouth after the League One side said they would not be sending their first-team squad to Nyewood Lane.
It will be the first time in five years that Bognor have not hosted the game.
Rocks general manager Jack Pearce took the decision as the Post went to press last week after Pompey officials told them new manager Kenny Jackett could not guarantee a first team XI would travel to Nyewood.
Of more concern for the club will be the loss of revenue, as the Pompey fixture is a traditionally big money-maker for the Rocks, with more than 2,000 fans likely to have turned up to the game.
The loss of a vital part of the club’s annual income could affect future recruitment plans as the club will stick to their strict financial plans, even if they are playing at a higher level.
The biggest game on Bognor’s pre-season list is now a home clash with Crawley Town, which is on July 26 (7.45pm).
The Pompey fixture has now been replaced with an away trip to Horndean (date TBC).
Other pre-season friendlies include Worthing away on July 8 (3pm) and Chichester City on July 14 (7.30pm). The fixtures for National South will be announced on July 5.