By Lotte Pegler
Businesses from around Arun were rewarded at a special ceremony last week.
Among the winners were the Aldingbourne Country Centre and Pinks Parlour.
Owners of Mustards, in York Road, walked away with the highest accolade of the night, overall business of the year.
Shaun Mustard, who runs the business with his brother, Craig, said: “I have to say it is an incredible achievement, even more so, being in business for only just over a year. Delighted is most definitely an understatement.
“Our team have remained consistently dedicated since day one and Craig and I cannot be more grateful and proud of every single one of them. It is not just from us as owners and chefs, far from it, in fact.
“The team have made the restaurant the destination it is today.
“We take great pride in the entire package of our restaurant, be it service, product, professionalism and cleanliness and I feel the awards are a fantastic result of that.
“We strive to continue with the development and progression with every day that goes by.
“Our next dream goal is to achieve an award for AA Rosettes, and feel the result of Friday evening will entice them to visit.”
Arun District Council’s business development manager, Miriam Nicholls, hosted the evening alongside Andrew Ball, from Rolls-Royce Motor Cars.
Miriam said: “Once again, The Arun Business of the Year Awards were inundated with nominations.
“Both the quality and quantity grow every year and demonstrate how fabulous our business community really is.
“There can only be one winner in each category but the judges were hard pressed to decide due to the large number of amazing businesses we have here in the Arun district.
“The delight of the room as each winner was announced shows how well deserved these were. Congratulations to all our winners and here’s to their success over the coming year.
“We are already planning for next year and if you’d like to be involved in the Arun Business Partnership and the awards just email me: email@example.com”
Pinks Parlour, Waterloo Square, walked away with two awards.
Georgia Alston, business development manager, said: “We are delighted to have won two awards at the Arun Business Partnership Awards.
“The employer of the year award is a real achievement as we work tirelessly to support our team, as without those hardworking, dedicated individuals that make up our team we would be nowhere!
We employ people furthest from the employment market, meeting their needs and helping them grow is really important to us.
“The marketing and promotions award is also a great accolade for us as an organisation. We always try to think outside of the box to create innovative and engaging marketing campaigns, so to be recognised was a real accomplishment!
“Our founder, Katy Alston, also won business person of the year after we nominated her as a team!
“Katy really deserves the recognition as she works incredibly hard ensuring we are always delivering our high standards and that our team and customers are happy!”
The full list of winners were:
- New business of the year – sponsored by Hilton Avisford Park Hotel – awarded to Pier Road Coffee and Art
- Marketing and promotion – awarded to Pink’s Parlous
- Customer care award – awarded to Barnham Opticians
- Website of the year – awarded to Media Circus
- Independent retailer of the year – awarded to Gifts With Love
- Training and development award – awarded to Frame of Mind
- Sussex by the Sea tourism award – awarded to Bognor Regis Museum
- Charity of CIC of the year – awarded to Arundel Museum H/C Radio Respect
- Place to eat or drink award – awarded to Mustards H/C The Vardar and Chez Moi
- Business in the community – awarded to Woods Travel/ H/C Upfront Events
- Business of the year up to five employees – awarded to Upper Crust
- Business of the year 6-10 employees – awarded to Barnham Opticians
- Business of the year, more than 10 employees – awarded to S I Protech
- Employee of the year – awarded to Katie Alston, from Pink’s Parlour
- The Robert Warham award – awarded to Victoria Williams, from Upper Crust
- Employer of the year – awarded to Pinks Parlour
- Overall business of the year – awarded to Mustards
- Chamber award – awarded to The Beachcroft Hotel
- Chamber award 2, Britten award – awarded to Phil Mead, from Bognor Regis Rugby Club
- ABP special award – awarded to Steve Cusack