News Posted in News.

Licence review

A Bognor Regis takeaway is to have its licence reviewed next week.

 

Istanbul Grill has been subject to an application by Sussex Police to have its opening considered by a group of councillors.

 

The meeting of Arun District Council’s licensing sub-committee will take place on Monday.

 

A report by Sarah Meeten, the council’s licensing manager, says the police contend the licensing objectives of the prevention of crime and disorder and public safety had been undermined following specific incidents and activity in and around the business’s premises in High Street.

 

“On January 13, 2020, Sussex Police made an application…for the review of the premises licence for Istanbul Grill, citing several incidents that have occurred at the premises raising serious cause for concern.

 

“Incidents relate to (the) alleged conduct of the licence holder and include an allegation of him chasing a member of staff wielding a knife and women reporting that they had discovered pills in a kebab supplied to them at the shop,” states Mrs Meeten.

 

The incidents are said to have occurred at the takeaway on December 29 last year.

 

The licence for Istanbul Grill’s premises was transferred to William Kebab Ltd in September, 2019.

 

The sole director of the company is Afshin Ali-Zadeh.

 

late night refreshments on seven days a week are permitted by the current licence until 1am on Sundays, Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays and 3am other days.

Posted in News.